Today I have finished adding the libchamplain support to the old interface. Here I leave a screenshot:
There you can appreciate that there's a bold point and a label for every node. I still have to draw the lines representing the links between nodes and improve the style and the logic of the labels so that they don't become a smudge when the nodes are close (like it happens in the above picture).
I know it crashes a lot (for example if you change the view before the map is fully loaded). I will fix these little bugs in the next days.
At the end of the study of the libchamplain API I have sent some patches to the project (two to improve the documentation and another one to fix the Python example) :-)
- Typo in documentation (bug #676892, already merged into master)
- Improvements in documentation (bug #676908)
- launcher-gtk.py: get_coords() method doesn't exist (bug #676893)
I really like the libchamplain API design.
How to try it
If you want to try it, all you have to do is getting the code from the Git repository and installing the dependences. You can find the necessary steps in the README file. These are steps for Ubuntu 12.04 users:
sudo apt-get install python2.7 gir1.2-gtkchamplain-0.12 git
git clone git://gitorious.org/guifi-altres/guifinetstudio.git
I will start implementing unsolclic. I will take advantage of the work done by Albert Sarlé :). Until today I planned to use the django template engine (he used Twig for PHP which has a similar syntax) but I have discovered Jinja2 which is a stand-alone template engine with the same syntax as well, faster and you don't need to install the whole Django libraries.